Today I’m sharing with you all, the products I use pretty much every time I do my makeup. My collection is small, and I actually prefer it that way. Even though I have gotten more into makeup, I still don’t really like putting a lot of stuff on my face, so my process is pretty simplistic. You might also call this a “products I love” post as well, since these are my go-to’s currently. Pictured below is everything I use, and I’ll give the names of each product. Most of these are drugstore products.
1. Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen: I just recently bought this, having wanted to try a felt tip liner pen. I like the precision I have with it, and sometimes I’ll use it in conjunction with my Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner (pictured above the lash glue). I love both of these products and use them both for doing some nice winged liner. I think each of these wear for about 16 hours, and I’d say they do exactly what they promise!
2. Similarly, I have two different eye shadow primers that I use. One is the Nyx HD EyeShadow Base, and the other is the Urban Decay Original Eye Shadow Primer Potion. I’m not sure if the Nyx primer is meant to be a dupe for anything, but to me, it’s kind of a dupe for the UD primer. They’re both about the same consistency and perform very well. When I can’t figure out where I’ve put one, I use the other, so these get interchanged.
3. Nyx Eye Shadow Base (white): I use this every time I do my eyes, and layer it over the primer. I’m sure that’s redundant, but I don’t know, I feel like it works for me and boosts my shadows even more than just primer alone. 🙂
4. NYC City Proof Mascara: Though this mascara isn’t waterproof (I usually like waterproof mascaras and do own another one that is, also by NYC), I adore it. It’s a buildable mascara, and I use it all the time. I build it up when I either don’t feel like wearing falsies so my lashes stand out more, or when I’ve gotten tired of fussing with falsies and give up, hahaha.
5. NYC City Proof 24 Hr. Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil: I love the eyeliner. I’m not entirely sure I’d say it lasts 24 hours, but then again, I don’t leave my makeup on for 24 hours. It does last for a long time, though! I like it for lining my waterline. I think it’s a kohl liner. The only thing I don’t like, is that I can’t seem to sharpen it all that well, but maybe that has to do with my sharpener, I’m not sure. I’ll have to look and see if there are different types of eyeliner pencil sharpeners.
6. Ardell Lash Grip Eyelash Adhesive: Ardell lashes are some of the first I ever used, and I really liked the glue. Once I’ve gotten my lashes on, if I’ve really gotten them on there good, they stay put without question.
7. I’ve mentioned this one before, my NYC dark brown eyeliner pencil. I use this for my brows, only. I’ve never used it to line my eyes, though that doesn’t mean I might not use it for that someday. It stays put on my brows, and comes off easily when I take my makeup off.
8. L.A. Girl PRO.Conceal (in Medium Beige): When I first started watching YouTube videos to learn about makeup and stuff, I heard this product mentioned a LOT. A lot of people seemed to really like this concealer, so I bought it to try and it is my go-to now, as well. I use it under my eyes and to conceal any marks from past blemishes on my face. I also have this in the green color correcting shade, but the beige usually does everything I need. I’m kind of weird, because I like to put on my concealer before I put on my foundation. I know a lot of people do it the opposite way, but I’m just kind of backwards like that, hahahaha. For me it looks better, because then my foundation evens out areas like under my eyes and even though I have makeup on, I don’t really look like I do.
9. L’Oreal True Match Powder (in Cappuccino): I did a LOT of research about how to pick a foundation. This is the second one I’ve ever bought, the first being some foundation by Nicka K., and I believe it’s about this color. These foundations are grouped by undertones. My undertones seem to be neutral, after trying various tests to figure out what group I might fall in. I also have this in the liquid, but I don’t use that one as much, it seems darker even though it’s supposed to be the same color. I’ll have to face the music soon though, I’ve hit pan with the powder and can’t buy more at the moment. Hopefully I can get used to the liquid.
9. Hard Candy Fast and Fabulous Makeup Setting Spray: I found this at Walmart recently. I’ve been wanting to try a setting spray for a long time, and decided to try this one out. I’m not a good judge of setting sprays and this is my first one, so I can’t say if it’s better than any other sprays out there. My days usually aren’t very strenuous, so I’d say that it works, my makeup doesn’t wear off. I guess the real test will come if I’m ever outside on a hot day for a photo shoot or something. 🙂 I only use this when I plan on keeping my makeup on. Sometimes I just do makeup to try out a look I thought up, and then I’ll take it all off, no sense in wasting precious setting spray, right?
I do own a powder contouring palette and some setting powder by Ben Nye, but I don’t really use them. I try to practice with the contouring palette from time to time, just to get the hang of it, but it’s been a while since I’ve pulled it out.
One last thing, I do have a face primer, but it’s not really one that I like very much, so I don’t use it anymore, really. I’ll save my thoughts on that for another post when I talk about some stuff I own that I’m not all that crazy about. Thanks for reading, I’ll see you soon!! ❤